Here I am at 31 weeks pregnant, thinking about what I should pack in my hospital bag this time around. I feel like with my oldest I over packed which is normal for me anyhow. So I have been doing some research on the necessities and I am going to try to stick with just those. I don’t plan on actually packing until around 33-34 weeks, but I do like to get the items ahead of time so I know I have everything.
- Birth plan- I personally don’t have one and I didn’t have one for my oldest, but if you do make sure to make copies and pack them.
- Toiletries- Don’t forget these! These items include: hairbrush, toothbrush, toothpaste, hair ties, shampoo, conditioner, loofah, body wash, chap stick, deodorant, glasses/contact lenses, flip flops for shower.
- Comfortable clothes- You will want loose fitting clothes/ PJ set.
- If you plan on breastfeeding, you will want to pack these items: nursing pad, nursing bra and shirt, and nipple cream. (your nipples will appreciate you)
- If you want to bring your own pillows and bath towel. The towels in the hospital are not extremely nice.
- Car seat- You have to have your car seat to take your baby home. I recommend bringing it in with you, especially if you are having your baby during this pandemic, they might not let you go back out to get it.
- Going home outfit- I am planning on packing two outfits just to make sure. Also packing a hat and a couple bows.
- Pediatricians contact info- The doctors and nurses will ask you for this, just make sure you have it handy.
- Do not bring diapers! They will have them for you. I am using a specific kind of wipes so I am going to pack wipes. If you are not specific then don’t pack either.
- Lots of snacks! You never knonw how long you will be in labor. Also it will be nice to have some snacks for yourself once you are able to eat again.
- Pillow and Blanket- If you do not want to use the thin and small hospital ones.
- General Entertainment- Like I said before, you don’t know how long the process is going to be so bring something to keep you occupied.
- Change of clothes
- Bathroom necessities
Now that you are all packed, it will be much easier to grab the bags and get to the hospital quicker. I wish all the mommas to be a healthy and safe pregnancy and delivery!
What are some other items that you have packed or plan on packing?